Subject: Re: exotic ?!? Hardware?
To: Heiko W. Rupp <hwr@xlink.net>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@BALVENIE.PDL.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/15/1995 11:44:27
> I would like to know if there are any plans for some exotic (?!) hardware
> for NetBSD/i386 e.g. ATM or FDDI boards?

Matt Thomas has indicated his intention to port his Digital FDDI
driver to NetBSD, though he's not gotten around to it yet.

I'm aware of at least _two_ groups doing ATM work in NetBSD, or
thinking about doing it (one sort-of running, one with plans to start
development "soon").  It's not clear whether either will result in
completely freely-distributable sources, but at least one will result
in freely-distributable .o's.  The people working on the projects can
speak up if they'd like to.

chris