Subject: Re: INN and Swap Space filling up
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: James Burton <james@Snark.apana.org.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/06/1995 00:38:27
> What kind of machines are you guys running INN on?  I'm in the proces=
s of
> putting together a 64mb, P90 system for news.  I may need some help
> configuring INN for NetBSD.  Did you have any hurdles?  Thanks.

I don't know how much this is due to me not reading or mis-reading the
installation documentation (I swear I went through it 100 times) but
I had problems compiling it, problems configuring it, problems understa=
nding=20
it. There is a lot of assumed knowledge in there. I think most of my tr=
ouble
was because I wanted it set up a slightly different way, so I changed s=
ome of
defaults. i.e. one large problem (small problem - large effort to find =
it)
was that I made a directory called "rnews" where the rnews binary was
supposed to go, so it went in the subdirectory, and therefore nothing i=
nvolving
rnews worked properly. When you compile and install a system and repeat=
edly
get an error message something like "... is a directory" you feel like =
throwing
it away. So what if it is a directory :=3D)

Anyway it works fine now, and I better understand how it works so I'm h=
appy.

James
--=20
James Burton                                    |=20
EMail: James@Snark.apana.org.au                 | Kingsbury
WWW  : http://Snark.apana.org.au/james/         | Melbourne, Australia