Subject: Re: Cyrix CPUs
To: None <dej@eecg.toronto.edu, port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Phil Knaack <flipk@ncremp.ag.iastate.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/31/1995 10:48:52
>Are there known problems with running NetBSD on Cyrix 486SLC CPUs?

I have a 486slc2/66 on an IBM vlb motherboard and I am unable to run any
version of NetBSD higher than 1.0 .. I have not tried a recent kernel on
my machine in about a month or perhaps two, but it simply wouldn't work.

The kernel crashes ~5-15 seconds after starting init with fatal traps the
nature of which I cannot remember at the moment.

I also have a dlc/40 which will not boot at all; after the boot loader
finishes loading the kernel and attempts to jump into _start it appears
to pretty much jump into la-la-land .. so I would be led to believe that
netbsd just doesn't work with cyrix processors right now ..

Cheers,
Phil
--
Phil Knaack                    flipk@iastate.edu
Database Programmer, NCREMP    Student Development Group