Subject: NCR chip
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kevin Sullivan <ksulliva@kludge.psc.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/24/1995 13:38:21
I posted last week with a problem with NetBSD (1.0 and current) and
the NCR SCSI chip in a Dec Celebris (PCI Pentium).  I grabbed the NCR
driver from FreeBSD-current and got it working in NetBSD-current.
That solved my immediate problem, which was the drive timing out
whenever I tried to disklabel it.  The problem now is that when I try
and boot from the hard drive I get the message "Read Error".  This
seems to be generated by the file /sys/arch/i386/boot/start.S.

Anyone know why this message is generated?  There are two places in
start.S that call it, but I don't know enough about the boot process
to decipher it.

     -Kevin Sullivan