Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.0 system resets
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: James Burton <james@Snark.apana.org.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/24/1995 23:18:24
Hi Greg,

> Periodically while running NetBSD 1.0 on my 486DX66 with AMI bios the machine
> will suddenly reset (i.e. do the same thing that it would do if I pressed
> the reset button).  Is this normal or is something possibly wrong with my
> hardware/bios configuration?  I expected to see some sort of panic
> message or something rather than a plain hard reset.
>
>                                               --Greg

I get the same thing on my Pentium (cheap as shit) system. It was averaging
2 or 3 days between resets until that last period which was nearly 8 days.

I assumed it was some obsucre 1.0-i386 bug which got fixed for -current.

James
--
James Burton                                    |
EMail: James@Snark.apana.org.au                 | Kingsbury