Subject: Re: ioctl questions
To: None <bk35+@andrew.cmu.edu>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/12/1995 09:54:03
>Date: Wed, 12 Jul 1995 08:36:54 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Brad Kidwell <bk35+@andrew.cmu.edu>

>I'm trying to record with a SoundBlaster using the July 2 version of
>-current.  However, I'm getting a lot of clicks and the sampling rate is
>too low.  I think I need to use ioctl() to set parameters like sampling
>rate, etc.; but, I'm not sure.  I'd appreciate any comments on the issue
>of controlling the SB.

John Kohl fixed some of those bugs recently.  You should get post-July
8 sources.

Use the AUDIO_SETINFO ioctl to set sample rates, etc.  It's defined in
<sys/audioio.h>.
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>           http://www.shore.net/~mikel
Norwood, MA 02062 USA                assert(*this!=opinionof(Analog));