Subject: updated Gravis UltraSound/GUS Max driver (i386); xmixer app
To: None <brezak@apollo.hp.com, port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Kohl <jtk@kolvir.blrc.ma.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/09/1995 20:38:33
I've updated the FTP copy of "my" Gravis UltraSound driver (Ken Hornstein
provided the initial GUS driver framework--Thanks!).

This version works much better than previous versions for high-speed
output.  I can usually get 44.1kHz 16-bit stereo output from disk
directly to the speakers with no weirdness, and I've not seen any lost
interrupts with this version.

If you have a "regular" Gravis UltraSound, please give this driver a
whirl--I'm curious to know if the mixer code actually works right.  (I
can only test the GUS Max code).

The diffs are relative to -current as of July 8th 1995.

I've also slightly updated the xmixer application to reflect some audio
driver changes.  xmixer uses the XForms toolkit.

See ftp://sipb.mit.edu/pub/netbsd/GUS/gus-kern.diffs.gz and xmixer.tar.gz.

Enjoy!

==John