Subject: Re: about to buy a...
To: Rodney W. Grimes <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
From: Rob Windsor <windsor@ksu.ksu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/08/1995 02:33:45
Verily did "Rodney W. Grimes" write:

> XX. MER DTC-3130 DTC 3130 NCR 53C810 fast SCSI-2 controller         $  81.00

[...]

> The DTC board also comes in a BIOS version as DTC 3131, but I don't
> have a price on that version that is valid any more since I have gone to
> using motherboards that have the NCR SDMS BIOS built into them.

> Manufacuters and model numbers are all above, you should be able to price
> shop and possibly find lower prices, heck even the distributor is endcoded
> above :-).

Are these DTC cards supported?  It appears odd that DTC chose to use a
"public" chipset (i.e. non-proprietary).  No offense intended to our
DTC lovers out there.

Since we've swung the conversation to SCSI cards, if this DTC card is
supported, how does it rate in speed/reliability/problem_free compared
to Adaptec and Buslogic cards (the ones that actually work with blah MB
and NetBSD).

Also, since this conversation is highly PeeSea specific, why don't we
move it to port-i386.. (I've made the start, sorry for the crossposting)

-- Rob
Internet: windsor@pobox.com      Life: Rob@Manhattan.Kansas.USA.Earth
"Da Web": http://pobox.com/~windsor/

"Life's a journey, not a destination."  -- Aerosmith (1993), 'Amazing'