Subject: Re: mitsumi driver bug ?
To: Onno van der Linden <onno@simplex.nl>
From: Hellmuth Michaelis <hm@hcswork.hcs.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/03/1995 08:23:49
>From the keyboard of Onno van der Linden:

>  Here's a bit of weirdness I recently found out with my mitsumi CD-ROM drive.
> Setup: 486DX2/66, 20 Meg, mitsumi FX001D, NetBSD-i386-current of June 30.
>
> 1. get the CD-ROM that comes with the UNIX System Administration Handbook

Got nearly the same results with the same CD on NetBSD 1.0 using a driver i
once got from Charles. The CD read fine in other environments. This is silly
because i stress tested the driver quite a bit since i got it.

When accessing any of the files in the directory mentioned i get continuous
"mcd0: timeout getting status"
"mcd0: retrying"
"mcd0: timeout reading data"

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis        GFKT HCS Computertechnik GmbH        Hamburg, Europe
  Unplug cables at least semi-annually to allow unused bits to drain. (HP RAQ)