Subject: updated Gravis UltraSound driver
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Kohl <jtk@kolvir.blrc.ma.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/02/1995 22:02:34
I've packaged an updated copy of my Gravis UltraSound audio driver
(the package includes some bugfixes for the generic audio layer).
I've fixed many of the scratchy output problems, and some (all?) of the
dropped interrupt problems.

There's still a problem where stereo output at high speeds or under high
load gets garbled/transposed down an octave somehow, and there is an
apparently new problem that causes an occasional system lock-up (not
quite sure what does that, and whether it's still there after changing
the SPL of the audio drivers).

This code drop does _not_ include the recently-posted updates to
ad1848.c from Mike Long.

See ftp://sipb.mit.edu/pub/netbsd/GUS/gus-kern.tar.gz

==John

p.s. Thanks to Ken Hornstein, who did the initial work on this driver.