Subject: Re: Windows Sound System ?
To: None <torppa@cute.fi>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/29/1995 20:50:22
>Date: Fri, 30 Jun 1995 02:15:49 +0300 (EET DST)
>From: Jarkko Torppa <torppa@cute.fi>
>
>Found such card lying around without any documentation or disks, tried
>stuffing it into my PC. Now I get something about incorrect irq=0 when I
>specify the irq or put ? into irq of config.
>
>So does that driver work ?
>Does anybody have information how to set io,drq and irq on the card ?
>If a program is needed to do that, where can i find it ?

The source that's in -current is broken.

I've been playing with this driver (wss.c and ad1848.c).  I've gotten
it to probe properly, but it still hangs as soon as you try to write
to it.  I'll send-pr what I have so that you can try it out.
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>           http://www.shore.net/~mikel
Norwood, MA 02062 USA                assert(*this!=opinionof(Analog));