Subject: Zeos ethernet/scsi combo chip (AMD PCnet/PCscsi)?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Kohl <jtk@atria.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/26/1995 08:57:08
I'm shopping around for a laptop and/or desktop x86 system.  For a
desktop system, I'm looking for something with at least on-board SCSI
and maybe on-board networking too (to save on slots).

Has anybody used a Zeos with the AMD PCnet/PCscsi controller?  The
port-i386 archives mention PCnet is pretty much a lance chip but may
need some driver glue.  I've not heard anything about the PCscsi
chip--does this look like some other well-known SCSI chipset that could
just use some driver glue?

Any other motherboard suggestions (names/addresses/phone #s of vendors
carrying the board, please!)?

==John