Subject: Re: com driver once again
To: None <scottr@plexus.com>
From: John Kohl <jtk@atria.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/15/1995 13:29:11

>> Using "/dev/tty01" WITHOUT an active carrier e.g. to dial out with
>> "chat".

Scott> I've been giving this some thought, and I've come to the
Scott> conclusion that a few lines of code in pppd, appropriately
Scott> placed, would solve this problem.

I'm not sure that pppd alone is all you need to change, but in any case
I have been using a slightly tweaked pppd and chat program for 6 months
without problems.  When sun-lamp and its GNATS database resurface, I'll
see if I ever filed a PR on this, and if not, file one.

==John