Subject: kernel floppy image request
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <brazile@fireant.ma.utexas.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/14/1995 20:48:43
I just got around to trying out the May 15 snapshot for the i386. The
probe fails at a few spots - the most important being with the floppy
drives.

It cruises along fine except for sea0 and mcd0 which I dont have and
ed0 which I expect because my board can't do the expected 0xd0000.

When it gets to the floppy drives, it gets confused. It thinks my 2nd
floppy is fd0 and fails to probe fd1.

I would expect it to probe fd0 as 5-1/4 1.2MB and fd1 as 3-1/2 1.44MB.

Anyway, it announces that it is going to change root to fd0a but is
trying to access my second drive (which is empty) and so spits out a
few timeout errors and reboots. I thought I would be smart and make an
install floppy to put in that drive too but that didn't work either
(sorry, I didn't write down the error.)

I have taken out all my cards except serial port card, et4000 video card,
and wd-1007 ESDI controller and I get the same floppy problem.

I had to quickly write these down so they may be a little inaccurate:

[...]
sea0: board type unknown at 0xf81e3000
mcd0: timeout in getresult
mcd0: timeout in getresult
mcd0: timeout in getresult
[...]
maddr: ed0 mismatch  d8000 != d0000
ie0: unknown AT&T board type code 15
[...]
fdc0: ...
fd0 at fdc0 drive 0: 1.44MB
[...]

I am hoping that a stripped down kernel with only the relevant devices
would work for me. I would be grateful if someone could make me one.

All I need are:
	i386
	wdc0
	wd0
	wd1
	fdc0
	fd0
	fd1
	ed0: port 0x280 iomem d8000
	(video)
	npx0

I would be "much obliged" as we say here in Texas.

Thanks,
Jason