Subject: Gravis Ultrasound driver?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Marc Unangst <mju@cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/12/1995 23:50:01
Is anyone currently working on a driver for the Gravis Ultrasound
board?  I am thinking of starting to try to port the VoxWare driver,
but if someone's already working on it I don't want to repeat their
work.  If someone has a driver with at least a minimal level of
functionality (i.e., doesn't crash the system when you send audio to
it, plays the audio a reasonable percentage of the time, etc.), I'd
love to get a copy, even if it isn't in releaseable form -- I've owned
a GUS for the past year, and have never gotten it to work under BSD!
(I originally bought it on the recommendation of the FreeBSD folk, who
claimed it was the best-supported soundcard -- neglecting to mention
that the initialization code in the driver didn't work, so you had to
boot DOS before you booted FreeBSD!  And, of course, I've never gotten
it working since I switched to NetBSD, for lack of driver support...)

Thanks!

-Marc