Subject: Re: Netscape and such
To: Kenneth Stailey <kstailey@leidecker.gsfc.nasa.gov>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@fwi.uva.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/11/1995 17:54:54
Quoting Kenneth Stailey,

> > I haven't tried it, but I don't see a reason why the Linux binary
> > of Netscape should not work. The only thing you might have to do
> > is add a config file to /emul/linux/etc to keep the Linux resolve
> > library code happy.

> Do you mean "resolv.conf"?  What if you don't have a nameserver?

Actually, I just tested it, and the netscape 1.1 binary works just fine
for me. You will need the shared C library though, as it is dynamically
linked against that. See the compat_linux(8) manpage for info on how
to set this up. I think I remember seeing another messages by someone saying
that the Linux netscape binary worked just fine, so..

- Frank