Subject: Re: com driver problems
To: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
From: Stefan Grefen <grefen@convex.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/09/1995 11:25:17
In message <9506071350.AA09758@cthulhu>  Mike Long wrote:
> Something in the last com driver fix disagrees with my modem (DSI
> Connection 96+).  Any process that tries to use it hangs; ps(1)
> reports that it is blocked in 'tty in' or 'tty out'.

There is bug in some chipsests where TX interrupts can get lost.
Check my chnages in com.c (for 1.0) in my pcmcia-stuff.
ftp.uni-mainz.de://pub/NetBSD/misc_features/Stefan/
Basicly before going to sleep on tty out check if the chip is
realy busy sending some stuff, and also after you handled all interrupts
and the driver is expecting a TX interrupt if the chip is still
busy sending.
If the chip it is not busy 'fake' a TX-interupt.
This problem only happend with non FIFO chips, looks like
enabling the send-FIFO's triggers it for FIFO chips too.

Stefan

--
Stefan Grefen                          Convex Computer GmbH, Frankfurt, Germany
grefen@convex.com		       Phone: +49-69-665270