Subject: configuring PCI devices
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Hobley <David.Hobley@nms.otc.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/31/1995 09:33:01
I have just bought a PCI IDE controller and a PCI NCR 53810 SCSI controller.
I have a couple of questions about configuring the kernel.

The IDE controller appears to be running off the ISA interupt provided
by the PCI card, is this normal, or should I be configuring it to
run against a PCI driver ?

With the NCR controller, I configured it into the kernel, but when I boot
although the card is recognised I get the following error:

pci_map_int: no mapping for pin A

I assume this has something to do with the CMOS PCI settings for
INT #A,#B,#C,#D but the installation instructions were somewhat skimpy.

How should I determine what to set my CMOS settings to (if that is what is
required).

Thirdly, after I defined my pci bus in the config file, I get a message
for each slot on the bus telling me the device is not configured. Is that
normal or have I missed something ?

Cheers,
david