Subject: Re: NetBSD doesn't reboot
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Mark Steven Tamola <buckwild@u.washington.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/20/1995 12:10:18
On Sat, 20 May 1995, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> On Sat, 20 May 1995 17:08:20 +0100
>  "Matthias Scheler" <tron@lyssa.owl.de> wrote:
>
>  > has anybody else problems to reboot with NetBSD (1.0 and 1.0A)?
>  > On my system (P90, Asus Triton board) in just prints "rebooting" but
>  > nothing happens. After a hard reset the system will boot up fine.
>
> Yeah -- I've seen this, too.  But I haven't had time to find out what the
> deal is...

i have had this problem too, for a while, and last i reported about it,
some people responded that this problem occurs if you do not unmount your
mfs filesystems before rebooting.  this worked for some people but not
me, because i don't have an mfs on my system, nor do i even have it
compiled into my kernel!  so, i guess that's not the real problem since i
still can't automatically reboot my machine without a hard reset.

later,

-m