Subject: Still Having Sound Card Troubles
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@cynic.portal.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/19/1995 21:46:14
Well, nobody responded for my plea for a working sound card configuration
under NetBSD 1.0. I really do hope there's someone out there who's got a
sound card working, because I've put far too many hours over the past
three weeks into trying to get a few stupid noises out of a speaker for
a client, and I'm getting pretty sick of the whole damn affair.

I've now tried a Prosonic 16 and a Turtle Beach Montecarlo, and the TB
card is now exhibiting the same symptoms as the Pro 16 was. It runs
fine in test mode under DOS, and once when I booted up my system in
single-user mode I was able to copy an au file to /dev/audio and listen
to it. So, once again I closed up my system and rebooted, and now when
I copy the au file to /dev/audio the process hangs. If I kill it it just
sits there trying to exit until I reboot my system.

Is anybody out there using a sound card successfully under NetBSD 1.0?
If so, which card? Has anybody got a back-port of the WSS driver for
NetBSD 1.0?

cjs
--
Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca
Internet Portal Services, Ltd.     Beside the willow'd river bank