Subject: Re: HELP - Compiling a program that requires alloca.h
To: John Maier <JohnAM@datastorm.com>
From: None <Mark_Weaver@brown.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/19/1995 19:16:05
John Maier <JohnAM@datastorm.com> writes:
> I am trying to compile xfm-1.3.2 and all was okay till I couldn't find
> alloca.h.  I notice that Linux was mentioned as a platform on with it has
> been built, so I got a copy of alloca.h and features.h (required by
> alloca.h) and tried my luck.  this time I get...

There's no way this could fix your problem.  ".h" files generally
define data structures and functions which match those implemented in
the libraries.  Even if you managed to compile things this way, it
would never work properly, and probably not even link.

Get rid of those .h files and give up on this strategy.

You might check the FreeBSD ports collection to see if they have
patches to make it work.  Patches for FreeBSD will probably work on
NetBSD too.  If not, try to fix it properly, like mycroft suggested.

	Mark