Subject: install kc-1.0A.fs disk doesn't work on AHA1540 system
To: None <cgd@NetBSD.ORG, port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Kohl <jtk@kolvir.blrc.ma.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/16/1995 22:20:33
I have an AHA 1540 (1542 without floppies) on my ISA-bus only 486/33
machine at home.  The new binary distribution snapshot install kernel
will not fully boot on my system.

It probes the adaptec card fine, and all its devices.  It then probes it
again as a bustek card, which totally wedges the card.  The driver
vainly tries to continue and eventually says something like "controller
not responding (should call debugger here).  please press reset".

So, I'm sad to report that the kc floppy is not quite right for an
install kernel.

==John

p.s. other than that, the binary sets seem to be in fine shape.  (At
least, I"m running new binaries as of 1/2 hour ago, and no problems yet)