Subject: Sound Card Needed
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@cynic.portal.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/10/1995 22:14:33
I need to get a sound card set up on my system, and I've not had much
luck so far. I'd like something that can play 16-bit as well as 8-bit
sounds, if that's possible. I've tried a Prosonic (which didn't work
because the silly thing needs to run a DOS utility to configure it
*every* time you hard boot) and a Turtle Beach Montecarlo (which I
can't get working because their tech. support does not respond to
mail).

So what card do I want to use? Are there drivers for 16-bit sound in
NetBSD-current? Have any of these drivers been back-ported to 1.0?

cjs
--
Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca
Internet Portal Services, Ltd.     Beside the willow'd river bank