Subject: Re: Questions about sound cards
To: None <dave@elxr.jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/02/1995 10:42:44
>Date: Mon, 01 May 1995 16:29:34 -0700
>From: Dave Hayes <dave@elxr.jpl.nasa.gov>
>
>[Please reply to me directly, as I am not on this list]
>
>I'm trying to get a cheap MBONE server up and running, and I'd like
>to know what sound cards are supported as of NetBSD 1.0 (and future
>plans). Could one of you that knows, let me know if you support:
>
>	-Soundblaster 16

I've seen messages that indicate that somthing may be wrong with the
DMA, but there is a driver for this (sb).

>	-Gravis Ultrasound

This thing uses a CS4231, right?  (bleah. :-)  If it claims to support
Windows Sound System, then try the wss driver.

There are no MIDI drivers (yet).

>I know you folks support the standard soundblaster. Thanks in advance
>for your help.

The sb driver supports all members of the family: SB, SBPro, and SB16.
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>       PGP 2.6.2 public key signature:
VLSI Design Engineer                  CCBF225E7D3F7ECB2C8F7ABB15D9BE7B