Subject: Re: Questions about sound cards
To: Dave Hayes <dave@elxr.jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@cynic.portal.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/01/1995 19:08:27
> [Please reply to me directly, as I am not on this list]

I'd like to see replies cc'd to the list as well.

> I'm trying to get a cheap MBONE server up and running, and I'd like
> to know what sound cards are supported as of NetBSD 1.0 (and future
> plans). Could one of you that knows, let me know if you support:
>
> 	-Soundblaster 16
> 	-Gravis Ultrasound

I've currently got a Turtle Beach Montecarlo, which is SB-Pro compatable
(which doesn't even work under DOS on my machine at the moment--I'm
talking to tech. support about it) and also Windows Sound System compatable
(which does seem to work). Is there a driver that I can use for this
card? If not, what would you folks recommend as a good 16-bit sound card?

cjs