Subject: Re: a problem with pcvt (from current netbsd sources)?
To: None <mike.long@analog.com>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@cynic.portal.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/01/1995 17:24:08
> >My machine also sometimes hangs with the "syncing disks..." message.
> >I can then still enter the kernel debugger with ctrl-alt-esc and
> >"ps" shows that mount_mfs is still there (I use an mfs as /tmp).
>
> That makes sense; I use MFS for /tmp as well.  The X connection is
> there, since X keeps its socket in /tmp/.X11-unix/X0.

How big a /tmp do you folks keep on MFS? I've been wondering if I've got
enough memory to make doing this worthwhile (I've got 24 MB of RAM).
I currently run with a 16 MB /tmp, though I've run other machines at
8 MB with no problems.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca
Internet Portal Services, Ltd.     Beside the willow'd river bank