Subject: a problem with pcvt (from current netbsd sources)?
To: NetBSD-porti386 <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: M. Tamola <buckwild@u.washington.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/30/1995 15:13:16
dear all,

i have some weird problem with pcvt that does not allow my system to
reboot.  it goes like this:  i shutdown my machine using either reboot or
halt, and after shutting down x-windows, the screen goes back to console,
and then when it is supposed to say "syncing disks...done, etc." it
instead prints out garbage characters and just hangs.  it does this
whether i am shutting down from x, and also when i am not using x.  i'm
pretty sure it has nothing to do with the aperture driver/insecure kernel
thing, as it happens even when not running x.

i am running netbsd-current-950427.  has this been fixed already in the
latest sources?  also, have the latest sources for pcvt been integrated
into the tree or are they waiting for it to be a release version first?

thanks for any answers.

sincerely,

-m