Subject: Re: How to run netboot from dos ?
To: None <parnoux@orli.com>
From: Havard Eidnes <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/29/1995 18:55:48
Hi,

you may be interested in some modifications that I just sent in
via send-pr which adds the ability of loading netbsd from an
ordinary DOS file.  True, that's not netbooting, but as soon as
you have the kernel running it can of course access the net just
fine.  This boot loader can not coexist with DOS memory managers,
so you may need to use this via a menu entry in config.sys where
no memory manager is loaded.

The DOS binary of the resulting boot block can be found in

	ftp://ftp.unit.no/pub/NetBSD/local-patches/boot.com

I have put my detached PGP signature of the file in boot.com.asc
in the same directory, sorry I do not have the ability to use
BETSI, it appears, being a non-US citizen...  My PGP public key
should be available from a key server near you, though.

Regards,

- H=E5vard

PS.  No, I didn't write this myself, and no, I do not know much
about DOS.