Subject: Re: NetBSD on Laptops...
To: None <mycroft@ai.mit.edu>
From: Takahiro Kanbe <taka@fxis.fujixerox.co.jp>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/19/1995 12:33:58
From: "Charles M. Hannum" <mycroft@ai.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 1995 14:47:10 -0400

>    I ported APM function from FreeBSD 2.0.
>
> Last I checked, the only thing that code actually accomplished was
> resetting the clock after a resume.  While that's all fine and dandy,
> it misses a *lot*, and it was ugly too.
>
> The APM code really needs hooks for drivers to reset their state on
> resume, and to sync before shutdown.
I added some code for drivers to register callback function before
suspend and after resume.  Currently, a few drivers use those callback
function.

And I receive a mail for APM's diff from FreeBSD-2.0 version, but
sadly my desktop machine which contain sources has down last Sunday.
It takes some days (or weeks, month) to recover.  :-(
So, wait, wait please.

P.S.
I wrote:
 > ... it weights 4.0 lbs ...
Exactly, it weights 1.8 kg.

--
Takahiro Kanbe <taka@fxis.fujixerox.co.jp>
FXIS(Fuji Xerox Information Systems Co., Ltd.)