Subject: Re: Where did GENERICAHA and GENERICBT go?
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@vorpal.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/18/1995 15:03:42
>My machine had been crashing and hanging a lot recently.  I opened up
>my case to figure out what was going on.  I noticed that my CPU fan
>was making a funny rattling noise.  So I reached down and touched it,
>touching the heat sink at the same time, and I burned my finger!  That
>sucker was HOT!

I to had this problem.  If given the option to buy either a good or
cheap fan, get the good one.  My fan seems to have a slight problem
waking up after a powerup -- spinning it a bit will get it going, but
it's a pain to open the case all the time to check it when I power up.

Also, I've got a dx2/66 overclocked to 80.  No problems when the fan
runs.

--Michael

--
Michael Graff <explorer@vorpal.com>       NetBSD is the way to go!
PGP key on a key-server near you!         Rayshade the world!