Subject: Re: pre-CTRL-A Adaptec SCSI adapter configuration
To: Max Bell <mbell@europa.com>
From: Luke Mewburn <lm@melb.cpr.itg.telecom.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/13/1995 17:26:00
> I have a pre-CTRL-A Adaptec SCSI adapter (I don't know the exact flavor, but
> it does not respond to CTRL-A during boot).  Do I need Adaptec software to
> configure the card -- specifically, turn off internal bus termination -- or
> is it a dipswitch/jumper tweak?

Probably an AHA 154xB (x == 0 for no floppy, 2 for floppy).
It's all jumpers on the card. I can't remember which one, but I did
have to configure such a card last weekend to fix netbsd.rmit.edu.au.
The AHA154xC and CF were the first models to have CTRL-A to configure
the BIOS.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you which jumper to change for termination
since the manual is at home, which happens to be 1400km (900miles) from
where I am at the moment (until Tuesday.)