Subject: #pragma pack parameter ?
To: NetBSD 386 Port <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hellmuth Michaelis <hm@hcswork.hcs.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/11/1995 11:45:03
For a driver on NetBSD 1.0 i need an exact representation of structures in
memory and i just discovered the hard way gcc does some filling and adjust-
ments to structures.

Pragma pack seems to be the solution for this type of stuff, but i can't
find docs for the parmeter x in #pragma pack(x).

Can some kind soul please give me a pointer to docs or a short explanation
of what this paramter says ?

And as i walked through the gcc manuals i noticed RMS does not like pragmas,
so is there a more recommended way instead of using #pragma pack ?

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis        GFKT HCS Computertechnik GmbH        Hamburg, Europe
                     We all live in a yellow subroutine, yellow subroutine ...