Subject: Re: More open PRs, for SoundBlaster
To: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@ai.mit.edu>
From: Rob Windsor <windsor@ksu.ksu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/03/1995 07:07:58
Verily did "Charles M. Hannum" write:

> The following PRs are still open:

>      112 gnats-ad port-i38 open      serious   medium   net        /dev/sound
> with SBPRO hangs

>      318 gnats-ad port-i38 open      serious   high     net        Using the
>soundblaster driver can hang openning process. Using floppy driver will releas
>e it.

> Can anyone confirm whether or not these are fixed?

I believe that they are fixed.  I couldn't reply until I compiled a
-current kernel and tested.

I'm compiling /usr/src/usr.bin right now, and with the semi-intensive
disk traffic, the driver doesn't hang.  Usually, under similiar
circumstances, it would have hung.

-- Rob
Internet: windsor@ksu.ksu.edu      Life: Rob@Manhattan.Kansas.USA.Earth

"Life's a journey, not a destination."  -- Aerosmith (1993), 'Amazing'