Subject: Math emulator
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andre Skarzynski <abs@itu3.sun.ac.za>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/27/1995 16:31:34
Hi,

Due to my present bad financial state, I do not have a hardware FPU and thus
have to rely on the math emulator in the kernel. Unfortantly, I find it slow
and buggy as compared to the GPL Math emulator found in FreeBSD (I was using
version 1.1.5.1) before going to NetBSD-1.0A. Before I have a crack at fixing
things or breaking them as is more likley the case :-), has someone ever tried
improving the the math emulator in the intel port of NetBSD?

Would looking at the Math emulator for MACH (Object code from Intel, no source)
be worth a try?

Regards.

Andre'
--
Andre B. Skarzynski  -- Information Technology, University of Stellenbosch --
abs@itu1.sun.ac.za   ------- Tel: +27 21 8084293 Fax: +27 21 8084102 --------