Subject: AMD DX4/100 ok w/ NetBSD
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/22/1995 01:29:25
I'm looking at putting together a NetBSD system around a ASUS SP3G and
an AMD 486DX4/100. It's been awhile since I built a PC system (last time
a 33MHz 386 was considered fast), so I want to make sure I'm not making
a mistake. Is there anything I should be wary of about this CPU or AMD
486 clones in general? Any problems with NetBSD in particular?

I guess the fact that I know nothing bad about AMD CPUs and some bad
things about Intel CPUs but still feel uncomfortable buying a non-Intel
CPU just goes to show how successful Intel's FUD campaign is :-)

Thanks.