Subject: Re: Gateway 2000 keyboard vs ddb
To: None <dufault@hda.com>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/21/1995 09:39:42
>From: Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
>Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 08:01:49 -0500 (EST)

>Don't go buy one, Hellmuth, it isn't the keyboard.  It is the keyboard
>controller firmware.  I suspect it has something to do with supporting
>Gateway's "anykey" keyboard.  At least one motherboard with the problem is
>Micronics Gemini 486VL.

Another is the Micronics JX-30.  I don't know if it's a Micronics
problem, or a generic Phoenix BIOS problem.

The Anykey keyboard shouldn't need any special support from the
controller.
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>       PGP 2.6.2 public key signature:
VLSI Design Engineer                  CCBF225E7D3F7ECB2C8F7ABB15D9BE7B