Subject: Re: Gateway 2000 keyboard vs ddb
To: Roland McGrath <roland@frob.com>
From: Hellmuth Michaelis <hm@hcswork.hcs.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/21/1995 10:30:46
>From the keyboard of Roland McGrath:

> I have the once-infamous Gateway 2000 keyboard and ages ago (pre-1.0)
> I had the problem of the keyboard not working unless I held a key down
> during boot.  I am now using pcvt; I can send kernel config if desired.
>
> That problem has been gone for a long time now, but when I use
> Ctl-Alt-ESC to go into ddb, and continue back from ddb, the keyboard
> is hosed again.  The keyboard works while I'm in ddb, but once I go
> back, I never get it back, and Ctl-Alt-ESC doesn't work any more
> either.

Please tell which version of pcvt you are using. If you are using the version
distributed with NetBSD 1.0 it may be possible that this one is not working
with Gateway keyboards. The problems you describe should have been fixed with
3.20 beta, pcvt 3.20 beta 22 can be found on:

        Host:        gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de
        Address:     137.226.31.2
        Directory:   pub/incoming
        File:        pcvt-320b22.tar.gz    (Note: the file is invisible!)
        Size:        326775 Bytes

It would be really nice, if i could get one of those %&?#-keyboards .....

hellmuth (meanwhile owning a pile of strange behaving keyboards ..)
--
Hellmuth Michaelis        GFKT HCS Computertechnik GmbH        Hamburg, Europe
                     We all live in a yellow subroutine, yellow subroutine ...