Subject: XFree-3.1.1 w Trident 9440Agi and Netbsd 1.0
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG, netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: James F. Kennedy <jfk@eniac.seas.upenn.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/20/1995 17:33:07
[Note:  I couldn't find a mailing list or such for XFree...as this might
be that type of question - however, if you know a place where I can better
ask this, let me know and I'll be glad to move it there - meanwhile, my
apologies to anyone who thinks this shouldn't be here...]

I have NetBSD-1.0pl6 running on a Pentium (ASUS PN54blah motherboard) with
a Trident PCI VGA board (based on the TGUI9440AGi chip) and I haven't
been able to get XFree to run properly.  It's definitely a timing thing
as the screen comes up, but it's wrapped over on itself (ie, the syncs
are getting them correctly).  I've tried to locate trident to findout
info about this chip and correctly configure XFree (3.11) myself, but
have be unable to find them....

Anyways, has anyone had any experience with this card and XFree?  If so
does anyone have a possible timings, etc that might help me?  I suspect
knowing what clocks this card had would be helpful;)  SuperProbe and
such do not work with this card (surprise surprise) and even X -probeonly
returns no info.  Btw, my monitor is a generic 15" with 30-60Khz horizontal
and 50-90Hz vertical specs with an 80Mhz video bandwidth.

I appreciate any help anyone can offer.....

Cheers,
James