Subject: pcmcia support for netbsd
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alex R.N. Wetmore <aw2t+@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/18/1995 00:26:36
I just got NetBSD working on a friends IBM ThinkPad 750 and its working
great so far (with some minor keyboard/ps2 mouse problems).  At this
point I'd really like to get PCMCIA support working with his Intel
14.4 modem.

I found the pcmcia0.3.tar.gz alpha package and got this almost working
(it finds the card, and after a bit of hacking to config_port it
initializes the card and registers it with com, but the com device
doesn't seem to be talking to the card).  So, I was wondering if this
package has been bumped up to a newer release and if so where I could
find it.

Otherwise are there any patches for it?  Getting slip running on this
modem would be fantastic.

As for the keyboard problems I mentioned earlier:  right now the
keyboard dies when pms0 (the ps2 busmouse, which works with the
trackpoint) closes.  No big problem, I just reboot out of X, but
it would be nice to fix.  To get the keyboard working at all I had
to disable the keyboard initialization in pccons.  To get the
mouse driver working I copied over the probe routine from -current,
since 1.0's probe didn't find it.

I've tried pcvt with no luck (talked to the author about it a bit
as well).

Anyway, if anyone has any clues or wants more information on either
of the above problems please let me know.

alex