Subject: Re: boot netbsd on a 486SLC2/66
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Phil Knaack <flipk@vorpal.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/10/1995 19:21:27
>I had a build that panic'd that way recently.

>Did you "make clean all" in the CONFIG-FILE directory?

I tried several different configurations, and each time i made clean
in the directory before making all. in a couple of cases i rm -rf'ed the
directory before config.new'ing.

>Did you try a GENERIC kernel?

This is where it gets interesting .. a GENERIC kernel built from 1.0A sources
about 2(3?) weeks old won't run, but on a whim I downloaded the NetBSD-1.0
kcaha-10.fs and it booted and ran perfectly. For the moment I think I'll
revert versions to 1.0, and work on stuff from there.

This is in itself good news, because I was almost ready to concede that the
hardware was indeed the fault, and return it to the seller. But that would
mean also reverting permanently to the 33 again .. not pleasant! ;)

Cheers,
Phil
--
Phil Knaack						   flipk@iastate.edu