Subject: problems configuring an ethernet card
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Hobley <David.Hobley@nms.otc.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/08/1995 23:05:38
I am running NetBSD 1.0.

I have a Cabletron Systems DNI ISA ethernet card (E2020 / E2020X).
Looking at the chipset it looks like it should be supported by the ed(4)
interface.

I have set the IRQ to 10, the port to 0x300, however I can find no mention
in the manual of the iomem address specified in the kernel config file.
I installed the DOS drivers to see if they specified it at all, but there was
no mention of it at all.

How should I go about determining this ?

At the moment I simply tried all the iomem addresses that are specified in
the various sample kernels.

I have tested the ethernet card under DOS and it passes its test suite, so
the card is ok. When I boot NetBSD however the system hangs when it gets to
the probe of the ethernet card.

Has anyone any ideas ?
Cheers,
david