Subject: Re: pcvt and X
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hellmuth Michaelis <hm@hcswork.hcs.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/23/1995 08:57:06
>From the keyboard of Jeff Kreska:

> I got pcvt set up and working.
>
> I have 2 questions, first after I added the termcap entries for the new
> terminals that are supported by pcvt I could not figure out how you get the
> termcap.db file to be updated.

cap_mkdb termcap

> Second, I am trying to use X with pcvt and XF86 tells me that it is trying to
> use an improper ioctl for the console device. I browsed the man page for pcvt
> and it had one option PCVT_USL_VT_COMPAT which was supposed to allow X.

You need to build your kernel with options UCONSOLE and XSERVER, also make
shure the new pcvt_ioctl.h gets into the right places (replaceing the old
one!) before you build the kernel and the pcvt utilities.

PCVT_USL_VT_COMPAT enables support for multiple screen support with X and
it's enabled by default.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis    HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH    Hamburg, Europe
 Experience is directly proportional to the amount of equipment ruined (Murphy)