Subject: NetBSD 1.0 installation questions
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jim Wight <J.K.Wight@newcastle.ac.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/20/1995 13:10:36
I am an experienced Unix user but new to the PC world - and
floundering. The NetBSD/i386 installation notes tell me to:

  "Once you have created the new NetBSD partition, mark it as having a
   partition type of 0xA5 (165, in decimal)."

How do I do that? The instructions are very detailed in many respects,
but have nothing further to offer on that score.

Also, once I get NetBSD installed how do I boot it in future? That
doesn't appear to be covered in the instructions either. What do I
have to do to bypass booting into DOS, or preferably, give myself the
choice of one or the other?

Jim
---
J.K.Wight@newcastle.ac.uk
Department of Computing Science, University of Newcastle, Tel: +44 191 222 8238
Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 7RU, United Kingdom.             Fax: +44 191 222 8232