Subject: NCR 53C810 based card?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Pletcher <dpletche@dave386.risc.rockwell.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/10/1995 16:13:20
Hi,
I've just spent the entire afternoon digging through port-i386
archives and talking with various confused salespeople at NCR
(AT&T) and various mail-order houses, trying to find out what
SCSI controllers are available based upon the aforementioned
chip.  Some merely have no idea what I am talking about, whereas
others become hostile that I persist with these needlessly
technical questions when they've already asserted that their card
is Windoze and Netware compatible (whoopee).  PC trashrag magazines
are equally unhelpful.  So, kind people, can anyone recommend a
specific PCI SCSI card based on the 810, which works with NetBSD
(of course), by manufacturer and model number (and even a number
I can call to order one where the salesperson might know what I'm
talking about?)  If NCR actually sells one, that would be grand,
but their salespeople don't seem to know whether they do or not.

Thanks,
David Pletcher
dpletche@dave386.risc.rockwell.com