Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.0 slip doesn't
To: mark thompson <thompson@coyote.csusm.edu>
From: Stefan Grefen <grefen@convex.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/07/1995 10:19:20
In message <v01510100ab5c3d863614@[144.37.6.102]>  mark thompson wrote:
> At 3:54 PM 2/2/95, mark thompson wrote:
> >I am running NetBSD 1.0 (with the bare minimum of patches). Slip locks up
> >very quickly when I connect. Ethernet takes a long time to lock up, and
> >I believe that is due to semi-known problems in the ep driver.
> >
> >So, does the sl driver have a problem in 1.0, or is it due to the fact that
> >my machine has serial ports that don't have fifos?
> >
> >-mark
>
> Thanks all for the help. The problem was apparently fixed by adding a serial
> board with fifos. I guess that feature is more or less a requirement.

Ther is a bug in some non-fifo chips where SEND interrupts can be lost.
I've added patches for that problem to my pcmcia-code (you can't change
serial-boards on a laptop :-) )

Stefan

--
Stefan Grefen                          Convex Computer GmbH, Frankfurt, Germany
grefen@convex.com		       Phone: +49-69-665270