Subject: Re: ahb* at isa?
To: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@lagavulin.pdl.cs.cmu.edu>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@zappa.unna.Ping.DE>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/29/1995 14:42:06
In message <199501291328.OAA00662@zappa.unna.Ping.DE>you write:
->> This solution worked for me too.
->> But I am not willing to run without XFree86 3.1 working.
->> [ ... ]
->> Fatal server error:
->> xf86MapVidMem: Could not mmap /dev/vga (Invalid argument)
->
->Somebody, i forget who, said that ktrace reported that the mmap()
->failed with EINVAL...  yet they failed to indicate why it might have
->failed -- e.g. they failed to indicate mmap's arguments which are also
->included in ktrace's output...

Sorry, I did not do a ktrace on XFree86_SVGA.
The report you referenced was from vdlinden@fwi.uva.nl (Frank van der Linden)

Hopefully Frank has a ktrace output handy.
I suspect the aperture-lkm is making troubles, so I expect that I
do recompile it and have a try.

->We can't debug things, or even consider 'bug reports' if we don't have
->the relevant information...  (And no, i can't "just start up XFree86"
->-- my nearest x86 is 500+ miles away, in somebody else's office, and
->only has a piece-of-crap video board, anyway...  8-)

I was under the impression that someone may have found the relevant change
already...

Gruesse
       Oskar

 					Tragbar ist, was nicht herunterfaellt.