Subject: Re: ahb* at isa?
To: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@zappa.unna.Ping.DE>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@LAGAVULIN.PDL.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/29/1995 08:29:18
> This solution worked for me too.
> But I am not willing to run without XFree86 3.1 working.
> [ ... ]
> Fatal server error:
> xf86MapVidMem: Could not mmap /dev/vga (Invalid argument)

Somebody, i forget who, said that ktrace reported that the mmap()
failed with EINVAL...  yet they failed to indicate why it might have
failed -- e.g. they failed to indicate mmap's arguments which are also
included in ktrace's output...

We can't debug things, or even consider 'bug reports' if we don't have
the relevant information...  (And no, i can't "just start up XFree86"
-- my nearest x86 is 500+ miles away, in somebody else's office, and
only has a piece-of-crap video board, anyway...  8-)

chris