Subject: Re: sys_errlist problems (NetBSD-1.0)
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG, reed@reedb.rhn.orst.edu>
From: Max Bell <mbell@teleport.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/27/1995 22:14:55
}From: Brandon Reed <reed@reedb.rhn.orst.edu>
}Subject: sys_errlist problems (NetBSD-1.0)
[ . . . ]
}I keep getting errors like this when trying to compile programs, they
}seem to be fatal. I don't know how I can get around them though.
}btw ( this is from compiling xv-3.00 )
[ . . . ]
}In file included from xv.c:86:
}xv.h:167: conflicting types for `sys_errlist'
}/usr/include/stdio.h:237: previous declaration of `sys_errlist'
}*** Error code 1

It means "sys_errlist" was declared in /usr/include/stdio.h to be of a
different type than that implied in xv.h.  In this case, the stdio.h
declaration is for type extern const char *const sys_errlist[] (according
to grep :-).  The statement at line 167 in xv.h must either explicitly
declare sys_errlist to be some other type or imply it by context.  If you
change xv.h's declaration to match stdio.h's it should stop complaining
(about that error, anyway).

Max