Subject: Re: Disklabels
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@entropic.com>
From: Alaric <reed@engr.orst.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/25/1995 16:36:20
Well I found what my problem was,
All I had to do was set the geometry in pfdisk
before setting the partitions, After that I was able to install.
But when I tried to boot from the NetBSD partition I got "no operating
system" from os-bs (I think it's got something to do with the fact that
Enhanced IDE isn't completely supported, Oh, well.
I just did what I wanted to do and left it on the 340.
Although some files didn't survive, I don't know why though I backed up
everything into a couple tar files. I think I can fix it with the bindist.
All the stuff I was really worried about survived.

Well, that's it.

Alaric,           | Archery: A deeply seated hatred of paper with bright
Mka Brandon Reed  |  coloured circles printed on it.
reed@engr.orst.edu|
http://www.engr.orst.edu:80/~reed