Subject: Re: Problems
To: None <mycroft@ai.mit.edu, reed@engr.orst.edu>
From: Max Bell <mbell@teleport.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/24/1995 23:08:54
}From: "Charles M. Hannum" <mycroft@ai.mit.edu>
[ . . . ]
}   > problem by changing the bitmask used by the control port test -- it
}   > included bits like "paper out" which my printer apparently didn't allow
}   I get a paper-out error message whenever it's off-line (that is after I got
}   the port to be recognized by yanking the cable)
[ . . . ]
}Is this with 1.0 or with the -current driver?  I changed the probe
}test a long time ago to only diddle one line on the control port.

The 1.0 driver.  I noticed the two masks in the code, but my printer did
not work with either.  I suspect it (my printer) responds unexpectedly to
the strobe of the initialize line.  My mask value is 0xa0, which uses only
the select and auto-linefeed controls.

Max